The Institution of Surveyors NSW Inc (ISNSW):
- Represents land surveying, and engineering and mining surveying professionals in New South Wales.
- Seeks to establish itself as an influential leading body, and to provide effective professional education.
- Seeks to further create a positive public perception of surveying and surveyors, and to provide effective relevant leadership to participating members.
- Accredits university courses in surveying, by examining those courses to determine their relevance to the profession and the community, comparing content, and reporting on strengths and weaknesses of each.
- ISNSW has a Trans-Tasman Collaborative Agreement with the Institution of Surveyors, Victoria and the New Zealand Institute of Surveyors.
- Is a proud Associate member of Professions Australia.
- Is a public company limited by guarantee in New South Wales.
- Began as an Association, originating from a suggestion made at a picnic.
Membership is available to members of the profession in a variety of categories.