Getting Registered

What is Registration?

The practices of land and mining surveying in New South Wales are regulated under the Surveying and Spatial Information Act, 2002. To practice as a fully qualified land or mining surveyor requires a practitioner to be registered under the Act.

A registered land surveyor is able to subdivide land and lodge property survey plans at the offices of the Land and Property Information.

A registered mining surveyor takes responsibility for surveying open cut and underground mines.

For further information on what is required to become a registered land or mining surveyor contact The Board of Surveying and Spatial Information.

How do I become a Registered Surveyor?

Registration as a land or mining surveyor may be granted by The Board of Surveying and Spatial Information (BOSSI) under the provisions of the Surveying and Spatial Information Regulation, 2006. Once you have completed your tertiary qualification, the first step is to apply to BOSSI to become a Surveyor's Assistant.

Once a Certificate of Competency has been gained via practical experience and either formal exams or completion of a professional training agreement, Surveyors Assistants may apply for Registration.

ISNSW run regular registration workshops in cooperation with BOSSI. You can find detailed information here

Facebook Twitter Linkedin

Bossi SSSI Consulting Surveyors SMIC